Jobs > Director
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Salary: $45,000 – $65,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Job Description: Adventure Academy located in Grand Junction, CO is a new child care center servicing employees of Community Hospital and families in Mesa County. We are seeking a Director for our private preschool. This position will ensure adherence to our mission of providing high-quality, safe and dependable child care in Mesa County. We are seeking an individual who is energetic, organized, a problem solver, and possesses great communication skills. This individual needs to be passionate about early childhood education and dedicated to the success of our next generation. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through PreK.
Our center has 8 classrooms and this position will have 20+ direct reports including, Lead Teachers, Assistants, Kitchen Staff etc.
• Overall responsibilities for managing and overseeing all aspects of a large, licensed child care center to include health and safety, enrollment and inspections, staffing, training and retention, campus management, and delivery of high-quality education and care
• Maintain strong relationships with our families, faculty, and vendors
• Manage budgets/forecasts, licensing and marketing initiatives
• Cultivate and maintain a safe and enjoyable culture while working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to perform all essential functions for each position in the center, including, but not limited to, other Leadership Team positions, teacher, Food Service etc.
Desired skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Primary Education, or in related field
• 3-5 years of Director experience in a licensed child care facility
• Strong background in state licensing regulations, staffing, enrollment and budget management
• Demonstrated highly-effective organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
• Demonstrated responsibilities in overseeing all preschool operations including human resources, quality assurance and facility operations
• A proven track record in hiring, developing and retaining staff
• Strong commitment to building positive relationships with Your resume should include:
Work History & Requirements:
• A friendly & outgoing personality and can relate well to children and adults
• A Bachelor’s degree in early childhood studies or a related field and/or 5 years of early childhood management experience a Plus.
• Managed or operated a licensed center with at least 80 children – A current Colorado Director’s License – Excellent understanding of Colorado Minimum Standards and Licensing Regulations
• Basic computer proficiency – Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written – Ability to work flexible hours to cover the school and complete all responsibilities
• Management of all matters related to education and staffing. -Implementing and monitoring procedures & guidelines designed to maintain compliance with school policies and Colorado licensing requirements at all times.
• Representing the school to the community, parents, visitors and staff with professionalism and integrity.
• Clearly elaborating the center’s mission and vision to the school’s management team as well as staff.
• Evaluation and scheduling of staffing requirements to ensure operation of classrooms within specified ratio requirements.
• Supervising staff to insure the school’s curriculum goals are being met.
• Ensuring that ongoing staff training and education requirements are met.
• Performing periodic staff evaluations. Required Credentials: Current Colorado Director’s License CPR/First Aid certified State and FBI background clearance required prior to hire
• Physically able to lift 25 lbs. to a height of 5 ft. many times per day
• Experience with CCCAP, CACFP, Early Head Start and Colorado Shines.
• Managed or operated a licensed center with at least 80 children
• A current Colorado Director’s License
• Excellent understanding of Colorado Minimum Standards and Licensing Regulations
• Basic computer pr We offer competitive compensation, including child care benefit
• Salary and compensation are negotiable
Our ideal candidate has a genuine love for children, management experience in a child care facility, an understanding of exceptional customer service, and good organizational skills.
As Director you are responsible for the overall operation of the school. Duties include: managing and training staff, interacting with and providing superior customer service to enrolled and prospective families, and providing a safe nurturing environment for growth and learning.