Jobs > Lead Teacher
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Salary: $16- 20+ per hour depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Lead Teacher Job Description:
Do you enjoy working with kids?
Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference?
Your dream job is here!
Adventure Academy is hiring staff! We are looking for kind, dependable, and dedicated staff to join our team!
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 2 years of child care experience, or a desire to work in the child care industry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification. Or the ability to obtain a CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
Be willing to obtain a credential or certification in the Early Childhood Education field.