Jobs > Job Opportunities
Other Job Opportunities
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Salary: $13- 16+ per hour depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time & Part-Time
Do you enjoy working with kids?
Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference?
Your dream job is here!
Adventure Academy is hiring staff! We are looking for kind, dependable, and dedicated staff to join our team!
Come join a creative and dedicated team who nurtures our community’s children.
Adventure Academy is a new child care center located on the campus of Community Hospital in Grand Junction, CO. We are seeking dedicated employees to join our team.
We have multiple positions available from entry level staff to a Director. Some of the opportunities that we have available are:
- Assistant Director
- Lead Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Float Staff
- Kitchen Staff
Our center has infants, toddlers, preschool and prek age students. We have training and professional development opportunities available.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Work in a fun environment and contribute to the team with a positive and encouraging attitude.
- Maintain frequent communications and professionalism.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development or a willingness to learn.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification. Or the ability to obtain a CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE. Or
- Be willing to obtain a credential or certification in the Early Childhood Education field.