Jobs > Childcare Teacher Assistant
Childcare teacher assistant
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Salary: $15- $18+ per hour depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Teacher Assistant Job Description:
Do you enjoy working with kids?
Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference?
Your dream job is here!
Adventure Academy is hiring staff! We are looking for kind, dependable, and dedicated staff to join our team!
Come join a creative and dedicated team who nurtures our community’s children.
Under the ultimate direction of the Child Care Director, the Child Care Teacher Assistant is responsible to assist the Child Care Teacher in the planning and implementation of a program for social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children 6 weeks to 6 years of age. A Child Care Teacher Assistant is responsible for assisting in the daily provision of activities and establishing a healthy routine for a group of children in the child care program. He or she assists in providing age-appropriate daily activities and a positive framework for a safe and enriching classroom environment.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Child Care Teacher with preparation, implementation and evaluation of the classroom activities and curriculum as a whole as well as specific activities.
- Cares for children’s physical needs, which may involve lifting and carrying very young children.
- Assists in maintaining an environment that is safe, healthy, orderly and appealing.
- Shares with the Child Care Teacher observations and insights relating to specific children in the group.
- Alerts the Child Care Teacher to children with special needs, to problems, incidents and emergencies to ensure appropriate intervention is taken.
- Develops and maintains a cooperative working relationship with child care parents and guardians.
- Assists in planning and implementing educational and recreational family activities that meet varying client needs.
- Reports to the Child Care Teacher the need for supplies, materials, equipment and repairs. Participates effectively in supervisory conferences and staff meetings
- Maintains self in professional manner at all times and adheres to The Neighborhood Center policy, procedures and Agency Mission Statement.
- A High School Diploma / Equivalency Diploma preferred OR
- One (1) year experience working with children less than 13 years of age required. EOE